Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 201-205

I'm really loving the episodes of Naruto that I've been watching lately. I feel like the story is actually getting somewhere after ages and ages of filler. I'm really into the political sorts of stuff going on with the different hidden villages and the summit and all of that. I love this kind of stuff.

These episodes talked more about Naruto's and Sakura's feelings for each other than I think has been discussed for a very long time. I don't really ship Naruto and Sakura together, but I'm not horribly opposed to it either. I think I'm going to hold off discussing this at depth for now because I've already watched episode 206, and I'm definitely going to talk more about it in that review. I do think it's a good idea to address all of this since Naruto had a crush on Sakura forever, but I would prefer them staying friends for the entire rest of the story just because I enjoy their friendship more than anything. I'll talk more about this in my next review.

I also love where Sai's character development seems to be going. I love watching him discover how to make friends and exploring having those sorts of relationships which he's never gotten before. Since Danzo seems to have gotten a bigger role at the moment and currently has people spying on Sai, I'm wondering if that's going to come to the forefront of the story soon. I'm always excited to see Sai's character more.

We also get quite a bit of Gaara in these episodes, which I love. He hasn't been around for quite a while I don't think. Gaara's one of my favorite characters, but it's one of those things where I forget just how much I love his character when he disappears from the story for long lengths of time. I really love how loyal you can see he is to Naruto in these episodes though. It's nice to see their friendship. If you can't tell by now, I'm a sucker for well developed friendships, and Gaara and Naruto's is probably one of my favorites in Naruto.

Naruto, Kakashi, and Yamato have a bit of a talk with Madara, and I loved the emotion of Naruto hearing all of that about Sasuke, although I really don't think I have much to say about it at this point. I can really only think of one other comment, but it has to do with episode 206.

I really enjoyed these episodes, and I'm insanely excited to see what happens in the next few. Hopefully it won't take me long to watch them so I can get another review up!

No comments:

Post a Comment