Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Life Post: Midterms Are Coming

Happy October, everyone. I guess I should start getting into the Halloween spirit now, but I'm still adjusting to that fact that it's autumn. (Random fun fact: I've started trying to phase fall out of my vocabulary when it comes to the season. I think autumn is one of my favorite words, and it's not used enough. "Fall," on the other hand, is a terrible name for a season.)

School is really starting to get busy. I had a heavy workload the past two days, and I didn't think much of it because that's been happening intermittently the entire semester. Now though it's starting to look like that's not really going to let up until midterms are over (i.e. midterm break). That means the rest of this week and next are probably going to get really stressful. Honestly, this week didn't start off too great, but that was due to a variety of factors. I don't think I was alone either because I seemed to get the sense that this week has been going pretty terribly for a lot of people on campus. Today was better though even though my workload is even larger than the past couple of days. It's kind of ironic. That being said, I don't want to think about the amount of homework I still have to do tonight. Let's just focus on the fact that I'm almost halfway done with it.

I haven't done any writing since Sunday because of all the work. I honestly don't know if I'll get any done until after midterms. This draft is taking much longer than I would have hoped. Sometimes I look at the word count and can't believe I've written so little in such a long span of time. I think that more than anything else shows me how much my workload has increased since freshmen year. I don't even want to think about what senior year will be like. I just want to get through midterms, and then hopefully get some writing done over break, even if it's only two days long (or four with the weekend).

Reign also comes back tomorrow, and then we have Korra on Friday. I can't decide whether that's a good distraction in order to distress or if it's a bad distraction that will take away from studying time. I guess we'll see, but I am really excited for them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment