Sunday, October 19, 2014

Life Post: The "Massive" First Draft

My allergies started acting up in full force this weekend. Other than that though, it's been a pretty good weekend. My workload wasn't too bad, so I've had time to actually relax, especially today. The biggest thing I had to do was write a paper, but it ended up being a lot easier to write than I had expected it would be.

I also got time to write the story I've been working on, which has become the longest thing I've ever written. I thought it was taking so long because I have such little time to write these days, but while that's definitely a factor, it's definitely partially because of its length too. It's really surprising to me actually. I wasn't expecting this at all because it's only the first draft, and my first drafts tend to be way to brief. This is also the fourth in a series, and it's way longer than the first three. The first three all still need to be expanded though, and I think this one will have less of that. It's more likely to end up being cut down. I'm not sure if this is a sign of a shift in my overall writing habits or not (longer first drafts, I mean), but I guess I'll see in the future.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to reading my book that I haven't actually picked up all weekend until now. That's so unusual for me since I usually read (for fun and not school books) every single night, but I didn't Friday or Saturday night. I'm going to make up for that with the remaining weekend I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment