Monday, May 18, 2015

Book Review: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer

ISBN: 0316043125
Published: April 12th, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Read from May 16th to 18th, 2015
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Twilight Saga will treasure this definitive official guide!
This must-have hardcover edition-the only official guide-is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the Twilight Saga and provides readers with everything they need to further explore the unforgettable world Stephenie Meyer created in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. This comprehensive handbook-essential for every Twilight Saga fan-is full-color throughout with nearly 100 gorgeous illustrations and photographs and with exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and much more.

Review:

Obviously, this is a book that is meant only for die-hard Twilight fans. No one else is going to get anything from this book. However, I think it's great for fans. I waited so long to actually pick this up that I'd already managed to gather all the new information in it from the Internet, but that's not a fault of the book itself of course.

I think it's worth picking up for anyone who is a big enough fan of the book, and it's a handy resource to have on hand if you need to look up different facts of the Twilight universe.

The one aspect of the book that I would have rather not have had was the summary of key plot points of each chapter of each book. I get that it could help fans pinpoint where whatever they are looking for is in the book so that they can then go find it, but it wasn't a part of the book I was really interested in having. (I say that even though I could see myself using it at some point in the future.)

I also wish that the FAQ section had been longer and included more questions. I feel like there was plenty more they could have added.

I think what I liked the most was the interview with Stephenie Meyer at the beginning. I enjoyed reading that, and I liked the less formal style of it.

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who is a big enough fan of Twilight that they probably already have the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment