Friday, May 22, 2015

Life Post: Time with a Friend

It's been four days since my last life post, and much of those four days have been spent writing. I've been posting both A Crappy Little Piece of Forever and Move On and Recover since I last posted. I'm also finishing up an article today and a one-shot fanfiction that will be posted as soon as I've finished editing it. Exciting stuff.

I have two more one-shots that I've been working on recently. One I actually began months ago, and then I sat it aside for a while because I wasn't sure if that one was going to wind up online for various reasons. I just wasn't sure if I was happy enough with it or if anyone would care to read it. I pulled it back out again and edited it some though, and I liked it more than I remembered from originally writing it. Now I plan for it to be online, but I think I'm going to wait to finish working on it until after I've finished both of the other one-shots.

Aside from writing, I got to spend the day with my friend Ji on Thursday. It had been ages since we both go to school in different cities, and she doesn't live in my hometown anymore either. She's only a half an hour away when I'm home. That's the same distance that most stores are from my hometown, yet all the friends I have living in the two cities that are half an hour (or an hour if you have to make it to the opposite side of Evansville) are surprisingly hard to see. Just that short distance seems to make it much more difficult to make plans.

We ate lunch at a Japanese restaurant, and Ji got me to try sashimi for the first time. I'd been wanting to try it forever, but I always chickened out. We bought it though, and Ji kept reminding me that it was expensive, so I better eat it. And I did. It's not something I would eat every day, but I did like it. Plus, we had a ton of other delicious food, including chicken teriyaki, a California roll, and shrimp tempura. It was all so good.

After that we went to Barnes and Noble for a while and sat around and read and talked even more. It was such a nice time, and she got to ride in a car with me driving for the first time. I think I only managed to freak her out once or twice. That's an accomplishment.

I uploaded a video about Jocelyn being cast in Shadowhunters the other day for anyone interested. I also talked a bit about the Magnus and Valentine castings since I'd ended up writing a blog post about that instead of a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment