Wednesday, May 13, 2015

No More Dining Hall Food

I spend a lot of my time at school being annoyed at the dining hall food. I've talked about this more than enough in the past, but my school's dining hall really does some strange things with food. It's rare to find something that I don't have to really force myself to eat.

Because of that, I always really look forward to being home again in order to eat decently again. Then, I get home, and come lunch time, I'm scouring the cabinets and fridge for food. The first couple of days it's fine, but then I start burning out on whatever is there. It might actually be worse than at school. I'm eating more or less the same food for lunch as I would cook in my dorm, but it seems more monotonous at home because I've felt like there was more potential or something for decent food.

Dinner times are better because my family tends to have actual meals at least half of the time, and I am so thankful for those meals. That food never tastes quite as good as it does in the first couple of weeks of being home from school.

Even when I'm rummaging in the cabinets and thinking that nothing sounds good, I really need to remind myself to think back to school when I have to force down some rather gross stuff for meals. That helps make it seem like a much better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment