Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Life Post:How Can Summer Break Be Boring?

I love summer break. I feel so relaxed, yet the exact right sort of busy at the same time. I'll never understand people who say they get bored over summer break. I have so much to do, and I know that I'll still have plenty to do when school starts back. Yes, a lot of that "to do" stuff is writing as much as I can and reading as many of the books I have sitting around as I can, but it's still stuff to do. I don't get how people don't have stuff like that to occupy them all summer. There's plenty I need to do that I don't have time for during the school year!

Right now I'm reading two awesome books, and I have so much time to spend reading them each day. It's amazing, and it's reminding me why reading is so much fun. That's easy to forget when I'm bogged down with school reading 24/7, even if I'm reading a book that I do actually like.

I've been reading more fanfiction than I had time for during the semester too, but I haven't been focusing on that nearly as much as the books I'm reading.

I also started watching the TV show The Red Road today. I've only watched one episode, but I really liked it. It's not like most of the stuff I typically watched, but I'm really into it only one show in. I've been meaning to watch it forever, but hadn't gotten around to it. Only the first season is on Netflix, and it's only six episodes long. I should breeze through that in no time since it's summer break.

Writing wise, I've mainly been working on two different things. The first is the Twilight fanfiction that I've been working on for several months now. I've been actually writing it for several months at least. This fanfiction really goes back to 2009 when I first started thinking about it, and I'm really happy that I can say I'm going to have it completely ready to post in the next several days. It's been such a long time coming, and I really am so excited to have it posted. Luckily, I'm prouder of this than anything I've written in the past. I tend to be prouder and prouder of each thing I write though, which is probably a positive sign.

The other thing I've really been focusing on is an article. I've only been working on it for a few days, but it's become a rather lengthy article. I'm staying pretty mum about that now just because it's still at a point where I don't want to talk much about it. I'll probably bring it up in the future though because it'll be online at some point.

That's pretty much been the last several days for me along with blogging and spending an entire day waiting for a Youtube video to upload. That video was about Alec and Luke getting cast in the ABC Family Shadowhuntesr show if you're interested. I also posted a video from my phone yesterday that was kind of a summary of the craziness that was the end of last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment