Saturday, May 23, 2015

Taking Pictures

I always want to be one of those people who is really into photography and is taking pictures of everything. I love the idea of having pictures of stuff, but then, when I'm in the moment, taking pictures feels like such a hassle that I never do it. Sometimes I film stuff, but my shyness prevents that a lot. And sometimes filming really makes me feel like I'm missing out on something just to film it, which is probably a big reason the pictures never happen either.

But I look at absolutely gorgeous photos other people take, and I really want to do that. To be fair, I look at paintings and drawing and stuff and want to be able to do all of that too. I think I just assume photography would be easier. Not easier to be excellent as, obviously, but easier to at least make terrible attempts at.

I really want to practice drawing more in the future. I should really try to take more pictures too. That doesn't mean buying an expensive camera (at least not in the foreseeable future), but I have a digital camera that I could at least start messing around with. When I bought it, I bought it mainly for filming, but since my last camera had been video only, I told myself that now I would for sure take pictures too. That hasn't happened, and I want to change that. I could do with having at least a few more things documented because I have almost no pictures of my own as it is. I know I'm in friends' and family's pictures sometimes, but it would be nice to actually have pictures of my own. For a variety of reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment