Tuesday, May 26, 2015

More On Resolutions

I talked about my list of future resolutions earlier this month. In that post I mentioned that, while the list wasn't entirely languages, it mostly was. I had a few other things down that I wanted to learn, but it wasn't much by any means when you took in the sheer number of languages I had written down.

Well, I've been adding a lot more things that aren't languages recently. It's almost funny how many things I've thought to add over the last couple of weeks. I don't know what it is, but my brain just seems to have exploded with things I want to learn. These are, of course, things that tend to take a while to get the hang of. Hence the idea of learning them as resolutions.

As I said in my past resolution post, it will definitely take me a while to get to all of these things. Because if I try to tackle them all at once, I won't make any sort of progress. Knowing me, I'll keep adding things faster than I can learn them, so the list will never actually end.

I'm starting to wonder if I should double up instead of going at it one at a time though. Now that less of the list is languages, I've started thinking about doing one language and one other thing at a time. I'm not sure, since that would still take up quite a bit of time. Unsurprisingly, learning a new language takes up plenty of time all on its own.

I guess we'll see. As it stands now, I'm still working on Japanese, and I think I'm going to start working on Spanish in the next month or so. Since I was taking Spanish classes that are now over, I really want to start working on it on my own before I lose everything I learned. I think I can handle working on two languages at once. (Honestly, I'll have to keep adding to the languages anyway because there will never be a time where I don't have to practice with every language that I've been learning in order to keep my skills at the same level.)

For now, I'm just going to focus on the two languages, but I'm considering the other aspects of the list and what I should be doing with them. We'll see I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment