Friday, May 1, 2015

Life Post: Preparing for Finals

Today's academic honors day at my school, which basically means we get a day off of classes specifically to study for classes. Unsurprisingly, I've been using the day to study, work on the one "project" I have left of the semester, but also do get some reading done and to watch the newest episode of Reign. (I liked the Reign episode better than last week's by the way, but I'll talk more about that in my review tomorrow.)

It feels like a Saturday, of course, instead of a Friday, so I imagine all week next week will continue to feel stranger and stranger as my schedule is all different. I'm excited for finals though just because it means that summer break comes afterward. I'm most excited to get this proposal written and check that off my list. I've never written a proposal before, and I'm basically going off of what Google searches have told me to do. Fingers crossed that it's decent.

I'm a bit nervous about finals. Spanish in particular has me worried, but I keep reminding myself that I'll remember the material much better if I just stay confident that I do know it. With Spanish especially, I do a really good job remembering when it's low stakes, but on tests I blank under the pressure and can't recall anything (vocab especially). That's not good when our entire final is essay. That isn't a problem I usually have with tests, but I think I've just come to expect myself to be terrible at Spanish after my high school experience. It's not a good mindset, but it's difficult to break out of it.

What's difficult to focus on when finals are happening yet is also important is packing to move out of the dorm. A week or so ago I packed maybe a third of my clothes up in a burst of motivation, but other than that I haven't done anything. I'm currently in the mindset where I have no idea where to start even though I know things will go smoothly (mostly at least) once I actually start packing. I need to do that this weekend in order to get a good chunk of it over with before we're actually in the midst of finals.

For the most part, I think that will be the majority of my weekend. As it probably should be the weekend before finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment