Friday, January 29, 2010

Awkwardness

Not really much had happened to me over the past three days.

I have to go to a confirmation thing tomorrow. It's five or six hours long, and will probably take up my whole entire Saturday. On top of that, it's about an hour away and it may snow tonight. Different people say we're supposed to get different amounts of snow. If we have to drive all the way there, I hope the roads are clear. Of course, I wouldn't be to upset if they rescheduled it...

Yesterday was 8th grade night at my sister's (and my old) school. My sister's in 8th grade and she played her last basketball game there. We realized that this was probably the last basketball game we'd go to there because my little brother doesn't play basketball. It makes me sad. I have to convince my brother to play.

I can't think of anything else to talk about except school. Nothing exciting really happened.

I don't want to go to the Confirmation Spectacular thing tomorrow. Mainly because I have no clue what we're going to do, and I'm going with a girl that I rarely talk to. In middle school, I talked to her every day, but now it's incredibly rare that I talk to her. It's like that with almost everyone from my middle school class. There were only 12 of us when we left the school (I think the biggest our class got was 20 something kids), and we were stuck in one classroom all day with each other. Now, in high school, I only actually talk to one of those kids (my best friend). I like this girl, but being in a car with her for two hours is going to be a little awkward. Plus, her best friend is also going to be there making it more awkward. I don't have anyone to talk to at the thing, so I may just end up awkwardly following them around feeling like I'm being annoying.

Sorry for that rant. I didn't mean to post all that, but I'm really worried about this. I always feel awkward about this type of stuff. I wish I wasn't so shy, and this was easier. (It also doesn't help that my ex-best friend may come, and she hangs out with these people. If I stay with them, and she's with them too, it could become even more awkward.) Wow. This may become one of the most awkward days of my life.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment