Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Am Definitely Not a Poet

You ever get a headache that stays there the whole day and refuses to go away? That was me today. Why? Because I have a cold for the third time this year. I think I've mentioned that before, but my heads been killing me today so I mentioned it again.

I got assigned seats in drawing today. I know sit by three girls. Two of them spent the whole class talking bad about some girl I don't know. Oh, what a wonderful class this will be.

Mrs. Schroeder had us make a value scale in drawing today. It basically was a strip of paper that we had to completely shade in, gradually becoming darker to one side. I had graphite all over my hands. Then, we had to chose a tree to draw. Trees are probably my second least favorite things to draw after people (and guess what, there's a person in my picture that I have to draw too). They're just so hard to draw!

I had to write a poem about children in child development. I am not a poet. I write stories not poetry. It's the most horrible poem ever, and she's planning on hanging these in the hallway! I hope our names are on the back!

We took our first quiz in Spanish and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any! Yay! Now I can hopefully do that tomorrow.

One of our assignments for English was to read The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs. I don't like stories like that. The ones that kind of creep you out. The ending was really confusing too. I'm not sure what happened.

There's a good chance we'll have a snow day tomorrow! Three of my teachers brought it up, and told us to still do homework in case we have school. I hope we don't! I'd love to not have school. Plus, we haven't had snow that doesn't melt by noon yet this year. I love snow at first, but I start hating it pretty quickly. Or, I guess it'd be more appropriate to say that I hate the cold. I'd love snow a lot more if it wasn't always freezing, and it didn't get wet when it melts.

There's a new episode of Naruto Shippuden on Disney tonight, and afterwards People's Choice Awards comes on! Taylor Lautner and Kellan Lutz are both supposed to be there. Excited to see if Twilight wins anything. I don't know if Harry Potter is nominated or not. If it is, I haven't heard anything.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no school tomorrow!

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment