Friday, January 8, 2010

Four-Day Weekends Rock

So, today was our second day of no school. My mom said earlier today that she's not even sure if the snow will melt by Monday, so we may not have school then either. It doesn't help that it kept snowing on and off all day today.

Is it strange that we've had snow for two days yet, and I haven't even been out in it? I love walking on snow and feeling it crunch, but it's just too cold. Is it weird that I enjoy snow crunching when I walk on it? I love how sand feels when you walk on it too, but I hate trying to get it all off of you.

I finished chapter two of A Not-So-Silent Night by Verlyn D. Verbrugge. The second chapter talked about how the birth of Jesus started a war between God and Satan. Definitely not something I'd ever though about before.

I also watched episode 28 of Naruto. It was absolutely amazing!! There was a decent amount of blood though, so I was cringing at regular intervals (I'm absolutely terrified of blood even in anime). Naruto being inside a giant snake was kind of interesting. Makes me wonder if the inside of a snake's stomach looks anything like it did in the show. Weird thing to wonder about maybe, but I can't help it. The person with the snake-like tongue who they were fighting most of the episode (like I said I'm bad at remembering character names) really freaks me out. Way creepier than Zabuza in my opinion, and Haku wasn't really scary at all (incredibly talented and could defintely have hurt them but not scary). I can't wait to see what happens next episode.

I finished an awesome fanfic today. It's called If Love is a Game... by Lanni Weasley on fictionalley.org. It's a Marauder Era Harry Potter fanfiction, so it you like those fanfics you should definitely go read it. The main ships are James/Lily, OC/Remus, and OC/Sirius, but there's just a little bit of OC/Peter, Lucius/Narcissa, Lucius/OC, and a few others. I absolutely loved it. There's a sequel which I haven't read yet, but it's not finished and by the look of things it never will be. Shouldn't stop you from reading the first one though. I think it stands pretty well on it's own.

That was basically my whole day. Maybe I'll actually do something interesting tomorrow. Okay, so I already know the answer to that is no, but maybe something will just happen out of nowhere. You never know.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment