Friday, January 15, 2010

Why the Younglings!?

If you're wondering about the title, it's referencing Episode III of Star Wars where *SPOILERS* Anakin/Darth Vader kills a of the little children training to become Jedi. That part is just so sad to me. The kids trust him and ask him what to do. Then he just pulls out his light saber the looks on their faces... I hate that part.

Anyway, sorry about that little rant. If you haven't guessed, I continued my Star Wars marathon by watching Episode III today. That means I'm half-way through!

I finished reading chapter 4 of A Not-So-Silent Night by Verlyn D. Verbrugge in child development today. The teacher gave us time to work on out projects and I was already done. This chapter talked about how Mary would have disgraced her family by becoming pregnant before she was married. It's something that I think most people know even if they don't usually think about it. It actually raised an interesting idea about how Mary could have been kicked out of her house by her parents, and that's why she moved in with Joseph before they were officially married. It says that she shouldn't have needed to actually go to the census, and that maybe she only went because her family wanted her dead for the disgrace she brought on her family. The author says that Joseph may have brought Mary in order to protect her. It was a very interesting chapter.

I'm so happy it's a three-day weekend! I have so much homework though. I have a Spanish test to study for (and I really have to study). I have to finish reading a story for English, and study for a vocab quiz. I also want to get to drawing done for art. We have ten due on Febuary 3rd, but I want to get started earlier.

I also want to write something(s) for bellaandedward.com's book. I'm going to be really mad at myself if I never do that. I'm determined to have at least three written by the time I go back to school Tuesday. Preferably, I'll have more written.

So, things I must do tomorrow: write an essay or two for the book, watch Episode III special feature and possibly even Episode IV, and maybe even homework. Okay, who am I kidding, none of my homework will get done till Monday. I can at least make it look like I considered not procrastinating. (I really do need to work on not procrastinating. I'm really bad at it.)

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment