Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Avatar Leaks (The Promise and Korra)

If you're an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, you're probably aware of all of the leaks going on recently.  For those who don't know, there are currently two exciting things in the works that are Avatar related:  a comic book called The Promise that is set right after the TV series ended and a new TV series set in the future.  Pages from the new comic books AND clips from the new TV show were leaked recently.

I have only seen some of what was leaked.  The first things to be leaked were a couple of pages from The Promise.  I looked at them because the curiousity overwhelmed me.  Now even more pages have been leaked, and I refuse to look at them.  I don't want to see the entire book before I even have the book!  From what I did see, it looks like I'm really going to enjoy the book.  I'm shocked by some of it, but that just means it will be an interesting story!

As for the Korra leaks, I've seen the opening and that's it.  I am going to talk about it a bit now, so if you don't want to know about it, don't read this.  First of all, we got to hear Tenzin's voice!  When he said "my father Avatar Aang" I freaked out.  I still haven't completely gotten over the fact that Aang and Katara have kids and we actually get to see at least one of them.  That was really the greatest part of the opening for me.  I love Aang and Katara so much.  I will be so dissapointed if Tenzin isn't an amazing character.  There's no way Aang and Katara could have an unawesome kid (who is no longer a kid).

I didn't watch whatever else was leaked of Korra.  (I don't know if it was one clip or multiple clips.)  I want to be able to watch the whole episode for the first time as one whole episode.  I don't want to see bits and pieces.  Plus, the quality of those clips probably aren't so great.  It'll be so much more satisfying to wait until the show airs.  Speaking of an airdate, I hope we get one soon!  These leaks have done nothing but make me want new Avatar stuff even more.  We know The Promise is coming in January.  (Mine's pre-ordered!)  Now we just need a Korra release date...

No comments:

Post a Comment