Friday, December 30, 2011

The End of 2011 and My First Hunger Games Fanfiction

Can you believe Sunday is the start of 2012?  I can't.  I filmed a video earlier today that will be up on my channel tomorrow.  I talked in there about some of the awesome things that happened this year, and things I want to try and do in 2012.  Like I said, that'll be up tomorrow if you want to watch it.  I may do a similar blog post here tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet.  I'll be at my grandma's for New Year's Eve tomorrow, so I'll probably blog about what we're doing there instead (which is why I filmed the video today). 

I haven't done much today.  I did manage to get a small part of the essay for AP U.S. history done, but then my mom called me down for dinner.  I'll probably finish it Monday, since I couldn't think of what to write anyway.  I think I'll be able to focus better on Monday.

As I mentioned earlier in a blog post, I finished writing the first draft of the story I was working on, and I put it away for a while before editing it.  For the past week or so I've been writing Hunger Games fanfiction.  I talked more about this in the video that'll be posted tomorrow because finishing the fanfic is one thing I mention as wanting to do in 2012.  I'm having a lot of fun with it so far, since it's my first Hunger Games fanfiction.

It's going to be a series of one-shots that are in chronological order and have a similar theme.  I'll talk more about it when I start posting it online.  They definitely have a lighter tone than the actual Hunger Games books because I'm focusing on Katniss and Peeta's kids who have much happier lives.  The story I just finished was also a bit dark.  It wasn't incredibly depressing or anything, but I wanted to write something a lot lighter and more positive now.  There is some darkness to it though, especially when the kids kind of think about their parents' pasts.  Actually, I just discovered this but both the story I just finished and this Hunger Games fanfiction are heavily centered around growing up.  Other than that though, they're completely different.

Anyway, I'm going to quite ranting about the fanfiction and go work on it some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment