Thursday, December 8, 2011

Horcruxes or Hallows

Harry has to make an important decision in Deathly Hallows.  He has to decide whether to search for the horcruxes or the hallows.  Harry, Ron, and Hermione were split on which they should go after, but of course, they finally chose to continue searching for the horcruxes.  And everyone who's read the book or watched the movies knows this turns out to be the right choice.  I can't help but wonder which I would have chosen to look for.  Would I have continued looking for horcruxes, knowing Voldemort needed to be destroyed, or would I have been too tempted to go after the hallows? 

The honest answer is I have no idea.  I like to think I would have continued searching for horcruxes, but I have to admit that the hallows sound incredibly cool.  I'll never know which I would have chosen of course. 

One thing I can tell you: if I was forced to choose between one of the three hallows, I'd choose the invisibility cloak.  I'm not saying that because it's supposed to be the wisest choice.  I've just always wanted to become invisible.  It's always my answer to what superpower I'd like to have.  (And it was one of my answers during the sorting quiz on Pottermore.)  I'm probably one of the few who wouldn't be that interested in having an undefeatable want.  That just screams trouble.  I don't want anything to do with that.  I would pass on the resurrection stone.  I've lost loved ones, but I'm happy to let them stay in peace.  I know nothing good could come from bringing them back.  As it says in Deathly Hallows, they no longer belong in this world.  The cloak though, I'd definitely want to try it out.  It's the only hallow I'd have the slightest trouble resisting.

No comments:

Post a Comment