Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Favorite Disney Non-Animal Sidekicks

About two months ago I wrote a blog post on my favorite Disney animal sidekicks.  This time I'm doing my favorite non-animal sidekicks.  (I've also realized that I didn't put Timon and Pumba on the animal sidekick llist.  How did that happen!?)  I didn't come up with many, so it's a rather short list.

The Genie from Aladdin.  It's true that he's not human, but he's also not an animal.  Never Had a Friend Like Me is probably my favorite song from Aladdin.

The various toys in Toy Story.  Again, not human, but also not animals (although some are animal toys).  I was never the biggest Toy Story fan until the third one.  (I think it was because it made me sentimental about how I grew up with the other Toy Story movies.

Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh.  I'll be honest, he was never my favorite character, but I feel like he needs to be on this list.

Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, etc. from Beauty and the Beast.  It's no secret that this is my favorite Disney movie ever.  I love all of the various humans turned objects in the movie.

The Lost Boys in Peter Pan.  I think they're all cute, but they (and Peter) tend to get on my nerves a bit whenever I watch the movie.  I can't blame them, since it makes sense that they'd be immature, but it does annoy me a little.  Still, they act like cute little kids in certain parts of the movie.  (I've just realized it's been years since I've seen Peter Pan.  I should watch it.  I've been seeing things about this new mini-series that's supposed to be about Peter Pan discovering Neverland or something.  I want to look into that...)

Dopey and the other seven dwarves from Snow White.  Snow White has always been one of my least favorite Disney movies.  Still, I remember Dopey and the other dwarves being one of the only things I even remotely liked as a kid.  (And Dopey was always my favorite.)

I'm sure there are some other awesome non-animal sidekicks, but those were all I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment