Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Short Writings

I haven't posted much here lately.  I kept meaning to, but I couldn't be bothered to do much the whole weekend.  It's a wonder I got the post about being sick up.  I think that's only because I like the outlet to complain.  Luckily I'm feeling much better now, so I'm finally getting a post up.

Way back towards the beginning to the semester (probably September or October), I wrote a few journal entries in the point of view of the main character of the story I'm writing.  These journal entries aren't part of the actual story.  I just wrote them for the fun of it.  There's no mention of the main characer even having a journal in the story.  However, the entries are supposedly written while the story is taking place.  There are two of them, and neither one really reveals much about the story.  There just normal things a fourteen year old could potentially write in a diary.  I mean, they incorporate events in the story into them, but it's nothing particularly big or spoilery.

In attention to those, I also wrote an incredibly short scene that includes several of the main characters.  This scene involves a field trip they went on several years before the story takes place.  (I never actually specified how old they were, but I picture it as being fifth grade or so.  They're in eighth grade in the actual story.)  This scene is absolutely pointless.  I just wrote it in school because I wanted to write, but the actual story is saved on my computer.

I've tossed around the idea of posting them online.  It could kind of be an extra thing.  I could post them before the story to kind of meet the main character, guess what happens, kind of thing, and then I could post the actual story after.  I don't know.  They're incredibly short (probably less than 500 words each) and basically pointless.  I'm not sure if I should do something with them or not.  Does anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment