Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Avatar Shipping: Introduction

This is going to be a sort of introduction post to something new I'm going to be doing both here on the blog and over on my Youtube channel.  I'm going to be writing a series of blog posts and filming a series of videos on Avatar: The Last Airbender ships.  If you don't know what ships are, ship is short of relationship.  A ship is a couple, and shipping is wanting that couple to be together.

Each blog post or video is going to center around a different Avatar ship.  Some of them will be canon, some fanon, and some crack ships.  (Canon happened in the show.  Fanon didn't happen on the show, but people wish it did and some probably believed it would happen.  And crack ships are ships that are just odd and completely unbelievable, even compared to fanon ships.)  Sometimes I may even throw two random characters together and just talk about what they would be like as a couple.

I may also mention some fanfiction, fanart, or fan videos that I like that feature the couple.  There are several problems with this though.  1. I only read fanfiction for couples I ship, so I don't really have any for any other couples.  2. I've looked through fanart some, but not much.  I don't really have any to show for any couple.  3.  I used to watch fan videos but haven't in a while.  The ones I do know of her kind of old.  This means I'll need to search for stuff in order to show you guys.  That may take a while, so I'm not sure if I'll do this part or not.  If I do, it probably won't be for every ship.

I will probably do this for other fandoms in the future as well, but I'm just sticking with Avatar for the moment.  If you have any Avatar ships you want me to talk about, just let me know, and I'll add them to the list if they aren't already there.  Feel free to let me know of your favorite shipping related fanfic, fanart, or fan videos as well because I'll probably use it later.

As I said, some of these will be posted here on the blog, and some I'll make Youtube videos for.  I'm not sure how often I'll do these.  I think I'll do the first in a week or so.

I'll go ahead and tell you that I'm doing Zutara first.  (Yes, I am a die-hard Kataang shipper.  I randomly selected one and Zutara one out of all the ships on my list.  I'm still slightly bitter about it.)  So, let me know of any Zutara fan-made content you'd like me to mention.  And definitely throw out some couples I may not have thought about.  Even ships that seem strange since they could probably be even funner to talk about.

Edited:

I just thought of something fun.  Since I don't ship Zutara, getting a Zutara shippers point of view would be fun.  If you ship Zutara, and want to write something up, I could post it as part of the blog post or, if I make a video, read it in the video.  If you want to film a video, I could even edit that in.  I doubt anyone will take me up on the offer, but I thought it was a cool idea...

Completed Posts/Videos

Zutara (blog post)
Kataang (blog post)
Tokka (blog post)
Teoph (blog post)
Ty Lokka (blog post)
Sukka (blog post)
Yuokka (blog post)
Jinko (video)
Taang (video)
Maiko (video)

No comments:

Post a Comment