Monday, December 5, 2011

Favorite Genres

Everyone has a certain genre or two that they enjoy reading more than others.  I don't think I can narrow down one particular genre as being my favorite.  Most of what I read is young adult, but I wouldn't really say that's a genre.  If I look through all of the books I own I find a lot of contemporary romance, historical (usually but not always romance), fantasy, and dystopian.  I think it's safe to say that those are my favorite genres to read.

It's not much different when it comes to writing.  What I'm currently working on is a contemporary (but not a romance).  Most of the ideas I have floating around in my head right now are historical.  I have a couple of fantasy ideas, but they're not on my mind as much.  It's no secret that I write fanfiction.  Once I finish my current project, I plan to work on a series of Hunger Games one-shots.  I guess that counts as writing dystopian, although (SLIGHT SPOILERS) I plan on all of them being post-Mockingjay, which means it won't be very dystopian and I'm not making up the dystopian aspect myself so I don't really count that.

What types of genres are your favorite to read and/or write?

No comments:

Post a Comment