Friday, December 9, 2011

A Sick Rant

Remember how I posted about getting sick yesterday?  Well, about an hour after posting that, I got a fever.  I still didn't feel that bad, and I took some Tylenol and it immediately went down.  Last night was miserable.  I hardly slept at all.  I couldn't breath when laying down, and my throat was on fire.  By the time I woke up in the morning, I'd almost completely lost my voice, and it's stayed that way all day.  Everytime I say something the pain in my throat multiplies by ten.

I ended up going to school after consulting both my mom and friend Ji over whether I should go or not.  I would have stayed at home if it weren't for several reasons: my fever had been down all night (I checked several times.), I didn't feel that bad this morning, I had a test in economics and an outline due in AP English, and I've had perfect attendance for three years and I'd hate to screw that up now.  Most of the school day was fine.  I felt a little weak, my nose was a little runny, and my throat was killing me, but I honestly didn't feel that sick.

Things started going down hill during my last class of the day: economics.  By the time I had finished my test, I was shivering pretty badly, and I knew I was starting to get a fever.  I would have gone home except school was almost over anyway.  By the time I got home, I was shaking, and my fever was over a hundred.  Things have only gotten worse since then.  I'm currently huddled under the covers of my bed because I start violently shivering if I get out from under them.  I've tried everything I can thing of to soothe my throat, but it's all stopped working.  And none of the medicine I've taken since getting home seems to have worked.  I'm about five time more miserable than yesterday or during school today.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to attempt to sleep tonight.  I know sleep is good and should help be get better faster, but tonight was so miserable.  I don't even want to think what tonight will be like.  I'm hoping I'll fall asleep easily, stay asleep all night, and wake up magically feeling better.  The odds of that are basically zero however, so I'm not sure if going through a miserable night is worth it.  And this is coming from someone who loves sleep.

I'm gonna go watch How I Met Your Mother and try to get my mind off of how horrible I feel.  I hope everyone's feeling better than I am!  If you're feeling sick to thanks to this wonderful time of year, then I hope we both get better soon.

(I feel like I'm going to sound crazy if I go back and read this once I get better. Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment