Friday, December 9, 2011

Writing Takes Time

I've been writing a story for over a year now.  It takes me forever to finish longer stories.  I wish I had more time to write, but on a good day I usually only get about half an hour to spend writing.  I do manage to write almost every day except when I'm not home (or sick and unable to focus on anything like yesterday and today).  I've been lucky enough to get a bit more time lately.  Not because I actually have more time, but just because I've learned to quit doing other things to write instead.

I'm so happy to almost be done with the first draft of this story.  I know a year is an insanely long time to be working on just the first draft, but I would like to point out that I was working on Avatar: The Next Generation as well for about half of that time.  (That makes it sound a little better.)  I wish I had more time to write, but school and homework just takes up a majority of my time (plus actually leaving my house which has happened more recently).

Once the first draft is done I plan on working on a Hunger Games fanfiction (which I am incredibly excited about) before going back to edit this story.  It'll probably be posted online at some point in the future, but I wouldn't count on that for maybe a year or more.  It'll all just depend on how much time I get to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment