Thursday, March 29, 2012

RIP Chris

Today was shaping up to be just like most of my other days of spring break.  I was just sitting around at home being lazy, but then I got a text from my friend Ji.  As I've said several times before, I hate Facebook, and for that reason, I'm never on it.  Most of the time all I'm missing is petty drama, and it makes no difference.  However, occasionally something huge happens, and I'm one of the last to know because everyone else checks Facebook regularly.  This was one of those times.  Ji informed me of what's been going around Facebook today.

I don't have all the facts.  I don't really know what exactly happened.  All I know is that at some point in the last twenty-four hours a boy who graduated from my school last year committed suicide.  This is at least the third death at my school since I started this blog.  That's far too many when you consider my school has only a little more than 400 students.  My school supposedly has a curse where every class has to lose one student before graduation.  The class of 2011 had avoided the curse, but then this happened.  I'm sure the curse will now be revised to say it can even happen after graduation.  (My class hasn't had any deaths so far...  Let's hope nothing changes that.)

I never really spoke to Chris much.  We rode the same bus for a while, and he even got on and off at the same bus stop, but almost every single morning we stood waiting for the bus in silence.  He usually had his iPod with him, and he'd listen to it while he waited.  We had a couple of classes together over the years.  He was always a really nice person, and he seemed to get along well with everyone.  It is nice to see the school coming together, as they usually do after these deaths, to not only honor the person who passed away but also support those who are affected the most.  These are the times where I'm most grateful that I grew up in this community and attend this high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment