Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Wedding

It's almost four in the afternoon as I'm writing this, yet it feels like it's still morning, even if I am tired enough for it to be night already.  (For the first time since spring break started, I had trouble sleeping last night.)  Today has been a really nice day though.  It wasn't long after I woke up this morning when we were heading out to my cousin Ryan's wedding.

The wedding was at some small church out in the woods.  It was really pretty.  The church was kind of up on a hill, and it had windows that looked out on the woods.  We've been having nice weather lately and the woods have begun looking like they usually do during the spring, and it was absolutely beautiful.  The whole wedding was incredibly nice, and I'm really happy for my cousin, but guys, it was really pretty out at that church.

After the wedding we got to spend time with family at the reception.  Only a limited number of the family was there (this is the absolutely huge side of my family that we're talking about), but I hadn't seen some of them in quite a while.  I'm pretty sure that I hadn't seen one of my cousins who was there since last summer.  I always enjoy getting to see family, and Ryan's new wife seems like an awesome person.  I actually got to randomly meet her yesterday.  My cousin Ryan is the son of my aunt who I work for, so I got to meet her when her and Ryan were talking about the wedding with my aunt yesterday.  She seems really sweet.  (Which I guess can be both a good and bad thing when meeting our family considering I think my family is a bit intimidating to some people...  I mean, they're nice and good people, but there are a lot of us and I imagine it would be pretty intimidating to meet everyone for the first time, and she still has a long way to go before she meets everybody.)

I imagine I won't be doing much for the rest of the day.  I may end up taking a nap, which I hate doing, but it's only four and I'm already incredibly tired.  It's definitely not good to be worn out before school even starts again.  I should probably go to bed early tonight in anticipation, but I doubt that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment