Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lots of Exciting Things and Less Than Six Hours Until The Hunger Games!

Today has been slightly crazy because I'm so freaking excited.  I'm having to restrain myself from bouncing up and down as I write this.  This is almost entirely because the midnight premiere of The Hunger Games is tonight, but other exciting things have happened today, which have only added to my intense excitement.

I had a grand total of three tests at school today.  I feel like I did a good job on two of them, but the third was horrible.  We're allowed to use our notes on our probability and statistics' tests, but I couldn't find anything in my notes and there was stuff on that test that I don't ever remember going over.  I'm not looking forward to seeing how well I did on it.

That, however, wasn't exciting.  What is exciting is that The Host teaser trailer came out today!  For those of you who haven't heard of it, The Host is a novel by Stephenie Meyer, who's better known for writing Twilight.  I absolutely adore The Host, and it beats Twilight by far in my mind.  It's science fiction and involves aliens taking over Earth.  There's romance, but it's nothing like Twilight's romance.  It's just brilliant.  I wasn't incredibly impressed with the teaser.  I'm not entirely confident in how the movie will turn out.  It just doesn't seem to be that great so far.  However, I'm still really excited.  It will be interesting to see how the movie turns out even if it sucks, and I really hope that the movie will be successful enough to get people to read The Host even if they hate Twilight.  It really is a far different kind of book than Twilight, and I feel as if Stephenie's writing is so much better than in Twilight.

I also ordered the Breaking Dawn DVD today.  I've mentioned before that I wanted the Target exclusive edition because it would match my other DVDs.  Well, they sold out of it, which is why I haven't gotten it yet.  Finally, I found a used copy on Amazon today.  This copy doesn't have the prop flowers (that were actually used in the wedding scene) in it because the seller took them out, but that doesn't really matter to me.  I wouldn't have any use for the random flower anyway, even if it would have been kind of cool to have something from the movie.  I'm just happy that the box it's in will match my other DVDs.  I really need to remember to order Part 2 early when it's up for preorder.  That would make things so much easier.

I also ordered some candy that I want to try while on Amazon.  I ordered a box of Turkish Delight, something I've had an interest in trying since watching The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie.  I also ordered two different types of Japanese candy from there.  One's supposed to be Coca-Cola flavored and fizz in your mouth, and the other is lychee fruit flavored.  I'm really interested to try them.  Some of the reviews say that the lychee candy tastes like strawberry but more sour.  I love sour things, so I can't wait to try it!

I can't believe that there are less than six hours until I'll be watching The Hunger Games!  I'm going with my friend Haley and her mom.  I'm so incredibly excited!  I have yet to see a negative review for the movie whether it be a fan of the books or a movie critic.  I'll definitely tweet my reaction right after the movie, and I'm sure I'll do a blog post or video about the movie later.  It's going to be so awesome!  I should stop before this turned into a huge rant about my excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment