Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thoughts on The Host Teaser Trailer

The teaser trailer for The Host came out almost a week ago now, and I have yet to talk about it.  For those of you who have never heard of The Host, it's a book by Stephenie Meyer who's better known for writing the Twilight series.  I, however, actually prefer The Host over Twilight.  I think her writing is better in it, and the romance in The Host is really nothing like Edward and Bella.

The trailer doesn't really have much real footage from the film.  It's essentially Wanderer (the main character) doing a voice-over while the camera zooms in on the Earth.  Then it shows a bunch of pictures of people (ending on Wanderer in Melanie's body) that, to people who haven't read the book, would just seem to have creepy looking eyes.  People who've read the book know that their eyes are a sign that the Souls (the type of aliens in the book/movie) have taken control over that person's body.

The actual video isn't all that impressive, even though I love the way they did the eyes.  Wanderer's voice-over though is brilliant I think.  She really gives almost none of the plot away, but I think I would want to know more about the movie if I hadn't read the book.  I definitely recommend watching the trailer.  I don't want to give what Wanderer says away because I think it has such a great effect in the trailer.  Like I said, I wasn't at all impressed with the video, but Wanderer's voice-over made the teaser trailer absolutely wonderful.  I'm really interested to see how the movie turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment