Friday, March 9, 2012

Traveling Vicariously Through the Internet

I've been having one of those days where I'm constantly day dreaming about visiting somewhere new, preferably a whole new country.  This happens quite a lot.  I want to travel to a foreign country so badly, and the list is constantly getting longer.

Today I started thinking about what it would be like to travel to the Middle East.  I know it's not the safest place to be traveling to at the moment, but I think it would be an incredibly cool place to visit and see what the culture's like.  I especially want to go to Israel, but seeing other countries in that area would be neat as well.  Although I think that's one of the last places in the world I'm going to be able to travel to.

Still, there are so many other places I want to see.  I was looking up stuff on Japan during computer applications at school.  (We got a free day after finals.)  I'd be happy visiting just about any country and seeing what life is like there.  It sucks that I've never been out of the country before.  I'm thoroughly determined to study abroad during college, and I hope to volunteer in the Peace Corps after graduating.  It would be such an awesome way to experience another way of life.  Until then I guess I'll just continue living vicariously through the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment