Saturday, March 24, 2012

Game Day

The first day of spring break started out quite badly.  I woke up this morning to a letter from my top choice college telling me that I wasn't accepted.  By now, I've pretty much accepted it, but it definitely wasn't the greatest start to my day.  Now I'm just focusing on choosing which of the three colleges I was accepted to I want to go to.

I was kind of lucky because I had the perfect way to get over my sadness today.  My grandma held a game day at her house, so I spent the day over there with her, my brother, and four of my cousins.  I played Uno and Mancala with my grandma while my brother and cousins played Risk and some Godzilla board game that they completely made up their own rules for.  We even watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 at the end of the day.  (Although watched isn't entirely accurate.  We ended up talking though most of it, but most of the talking was about Harry Potter.  Oh, and I wasn't even the one to suggest the movie.  Shocker.)  How could that not cheer me up?

No comments:

Post a Comment