Saturday, March 24, 2012

Functioning on Four Hours of Sleep

Today has been quite exhausting after getting only four hours of sleep last night thanks to the midnight Hunger Games premiere (although it was so worth it).  Luckily, it was our last day before spring break, and I wasn't required to do too much thinking.

We played a game in AP U.S. history today, and it actually woke me up a bit at the beginning of the day because I had to think to help out my team.  It was fun, and it was something that we don't usually do in that class.  It was boys versus girls, and we actually ended up tying in the end.

All we did in AP English was review different rhetorical devices and fill out a worksheet on them.  That was probably the most thinking I did all day.

Somehow we ended up watching Spongebob in yearbook.  I'm not a Spongebob fan, but it was nice to have an excuse not to work on the yearbook when I was so exhausted.

Computer applications was the class that I came the closest to falling asleep in.  I worked the whole time, but I kept finding myself reading the directions several times or going back to redo stuff because I didn't fully comprehend it the first time.  I didn't really make much progress.

We were supposed to finish our personality theory papers in psychology today, but Haley, Jordan, and I were already done.  While the rest of the class went to the computer lab to work, the teacher let the three of us stay in the room.  We ended up talking, and we even got permission to watch TV. (At least half of the TV watching consisted of watching some little kids' show on PBS that we just made fun of.)

We didn't do anything but go over the tests we took yesterday in probability and statistics.  I believe in a post yesterday I mentioned that I thought I had done terrible.  Well, the test wasn't great, but I'm okay with the score.  I actually got the highest grade in the class apparently, but that's not saying much since everyone seemed to do worse than they normally do.  This test was definitely more difficult than ones in the past.

On the last day before spring break every year, my school has the finals to our Munch Madness tournament.  Teams in both lunch periods have competed in volleyball, cornhole, and dodgeball.  Today the winners from each lunch competed against each other.  The winners of the volleyball game got to compete against a team made up of teachers.  This year the students won, but it was a really close game.

After school I had to go to work, but somehow I managed not to fall asleep.  At around six, Ji came to see me at work and asked if I wanted to go to Haley's with her after I got off to go see her kittens.  Being a complete sucker for cute things, there was no way I was going to turn down the chance to play with kittens. So, Ji came back later, and we went over to Haley's.  We spent almost half an hour playing with kittens.  They were so adorable!  Their looking for homes for them, and of course, I wish we could take one.  My parents wouldn't let me get a cat in a million years though.

As I was writing this post I saw that the first two episodes of The Legend of Korra have been unlocked on korranation.com!  I'm so excited to watch them, but I think I'm a bit too tired to fully focus and take it all in though.  I'm going to save them for tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight even though I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment