Sunday, March 4, 2012

Behind on Movies

One thing I wish I did more often was watch movies.  I love movies, but I seem to only watch them on rare occasions.  A movie will come out that I want to see, but I never make it to the movie theater.  It'll come out on DVD, and it will take me at least several months to get it (usually years or never).  Breaking Dawn Part 1 came out forever ago, and I have yet to buy it.  And that's a movie that I immediately moved to the top of my DVD wishlist.

I think most of it comes from the fact that, if I'm at the store, I'm more likely to go for the books than the DVDs, even if there are a lot of DVDs I want.  (Although my book wishlist is much, much longer.)  There are movies that came out several years ago that I still haven't seen.  If only my family had Netflix...

Even once I have the movie it seems to take me forever to actually get around to watching it.  Don't get me wrong, I have several stacks of books that need to be read too, but I can at least read bits of a book at a time. I can rarely find the time to sit down and watch movies (or TV shows).  All of this adds up to it taking me a ton of time to watch movies that I've wanted to see for a long time.  When everyone's talking about some movie that came out several years ago, I'm usually sitting there clueless, even though it's a movie I've been dying to see since it came out.  A perfect example is Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.  I still have yet to actually get to the movie theater to see it.  (I have absolutely got to before it's out of theaters though!)

I just wish I had more time for movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment