Saturday, August 24, 2013

Top Ten Most Dislikeable Book Characters

This topic came from Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  I'm going through and doing all of the old themes whenever I get a chance here and on my Youtube channel.

1. Peter Pettigrew from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Peter Pettigrew is my least favorite fictional character ever. I doubt few hate a fictional character quite so much, but I absolutely despise him.


2. Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I don't hate her quite as much as Peter, but she's still absolutely awful.


3. Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This is the last Harry Potter character, I swear. Umbridge is so infuriating though that I had to add her.


4. Bella Swan from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Does this really need an explanation? Bella makes horrible life decisions and is just all around a horrible character.


5. Edward Cullen from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I don't think this needs to be explained either. I really wouldn't hate Edward as much if it wasn't for his relationship with Bella, which is just awful.


6. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I could probably include the majority of the Wuthering Heights characters in this list, but I'm just going to stick with Heathcliff. While almost every character is horrible in this novel, Heathcliff is without a doubt evil, which is understandable because of his former abuse but still not justifiable, of course.


7. Nellie Olsen from the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I did the mandatory Harry Potter in the list, and now it's time for Little House. Nellie always frustrated me so much as a kid. Her attempts to come between Laura and Almanzo were the most frustrating to me as a kid.


8. Eliza Wilder from the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Eliza was another character that really, really frustrated me, and a brilliant example of the teacher I don't want to be. She took Nellie's side on everything and had such a horrible prejudice against Laura. It was definitely one of those things that irritated me a lot when I was reading as a kid. (I do think it's hilarious that, after how horrible she treated Laura, Laura became her sister-in-law though. I would have loved to see them seeing each other for the first time after that, but sadly, we never do.)


9. David from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. I think my biggest problem with David was him brushing Shay aside for Tally in the very first book. I just couldn't like him after that. The same event made me unable to become all that fond of Tally either.


10. Romeo and Juliet from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. I'm including them as pair since I'm running short, and it all kind of goes together anyway. Romeo and Juliet is my least favorite Shakespeare play. They both get on my nerves incredibly, and I just hate listening to the both of them. I know they're young, and the entire play is supposed to be about how foolish young people can be when they think they're in love, but I still can't stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment