Thursday, August 1, 2013

Finishing a First Draft and Starting a One-shot

I didn't get much writing done yesterday as I spent a good deal of the day in Owensboro with my sister Regina.  We each had hair appointments, and the hairstylist that was supposed to do mine never showed up.  That meant they only had one hairstylist attempting to do the appointments for two of them.  Since I was getting my hair dyed again in addition to having to wait longer, we were there quite a while.  I'm glad my hair has red in it again though.  The red from before had more or less faded completely and left my hair just a brown color.  (Plus, my roots were getting bad, but that's not as exciting as having red in my hair again.)

After our hair appointments, Regina had to shop for school supplies, and since she's an incredibly picky person that took a bit of time.  She wasn't happy with most of the supplies in the store for various reasons, and I don't think she got even the majority of things she needs.  After all of that, she had to go get her eyebrows done, but luckily that was incredibly quick.

That all took up the entire afternoon, and by the time we got home I wasn't in the mood to write at all.  Luckily, I had gotten some done early that morning, so the day wasn't a complete waste in that respect.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to school and don't have as much time to write.  It's reached the point where I spend a good deal of every day writing.

I actually managed to finish the rough draft of the story I've been working on today, but there is still so much work I need to do on that.  It's more the length of a novella at the moment than a novel, but I definitely plan on that changing.  I need to expand on things a lot.  It's a planned start to a series, and I'm still kind of figuring out how to pace out the story over the different novels/novellas/what-it-ends-up-being.  I think I have a good start though.  I mean, it's complete crap really, but I'm happy with the potential it has as long as I keep ironing everything out.

However, I think I'm going to take a break on that story for a bit and write a one-shot fanfiction I've been planning for a while.  I'm hoping it won't take too long since it's a one-shot, especially with the amount of writing I've been doing recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment