Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Weekend of Trying New Foods

It's been an extremely busy weekend. I was excited for fall break as a chance to relax, but its turned into running around doing everything.

Yesterday I went to get my hair re-dyed. It took longer than expected because they were a bit busy, so it felt like I was there forever. I got more red in my hair than I had before though, and I'm excited about it.

After that, I went to the fall fest with my sister Regina, Jenny (the Swedish exchange student my family is hosting this year), and two of my sister's friends. It was a lot of fun, and we ate quite a bit of junk food. I had this "haystack" thing that was Fritos, chili, and stuff as well as a corndog, and we all tried fried Snickers, which was interesting. The fried Snickers were one of those things that were good, but not good enough to justify eating it again really. After we ate them, we walked past another booth that had fried Milky Ways, and I wish I'd tried that instead. Milky Ways are my favorite candy bar, so I probably would have enjoyed that more. Still, it was fun. Pretty much every single game booth had stuffed minions to win, and we walked around to a ton of them to try to win one, but no one did.

Today I had to go back to where I'd gotten my hair done so that my sister could get her hair cut. Afterwards, my sister made me get Starbucks for the first time. It was good, but not good enough that I'd ever bother to go again unless I was just there or something. I just don't really like coffee (and what I got didn't actually have much coffee).

I also got to eat lunch with my friend Ji today. I hadn't seen her in absolutely forever, so it was awesome to finally see her again. We ate sushi, which I've been wanting to try more of for a while. (This was apparently the weekend of trying new food.) It was awesome to just get to talk to her and everything.

Even though I'm not really getting to relax much for fall break, I'm having an awesome time.

No comments:

Post a Comment