Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bump in the Night Tag

This post is going to be the Bump in the Night tag that has been going around on Youtube amongst booktubers. I would have done this as a video, but today is Halloween and I wouldn't be able to get it up today. So, I'm doing it as a blog post instead. I learned about this tag yesterday from Elizziebooks, and you can watch her video here.

1) Which are your favourite supernatural/horror/scary characters to read about? (e.g. vampires, werewolves, witches, monsters, serial killers, murderers etc).

Witches have to win before everything else. The idea of being able to perform magic is awesome to me, and it seems like the funnest. The others all seem painful or something. Witches are fun. My second favorite would be werewolves though. I don't really have a reason for that. I just like them.

2) Which scene from any book would be your ultimate nightmare to have been part of?

I'm scared of everything, so there are plenty of options for me to choose for this. One that came to my mind is the scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where Harry and Ron are in the Forbidden Forest and are attacked by Aragog's kids. Giant spiders trying to eat me would be horrific to me. I'm sure I could say something even scarier, but for some reason that's just the first thing I can think of.

3) If you could visit and explore any one scary or evil setting which would you pick and why?

Can I explore Snow's mansion in Hunger Games? The setting itself isn't necessarily scary, but the fact that it's Snow's house would creep me out, especially if I went in the rose room.

4) Which book was so frighteningly terrible that you almost fell asleep for eternity trying to finish it?

One book that I didn't even bother to finish relatively recently was Goddess Legacy by M.W. Muse. I did not like that book at all.

5) Name one book you wish you could pull certain pages out of and swap for others to make it better?

This is a hard question because I have no idea. I don't know how you could take pages out of one book and put it in another and things would actually make sense.

6) If you could turn any 'bad or evil' character into a good character, who would you pick and why?

I think the best evil characters would lose what is most intriguing about them if they were a good character. I can't think of any character that I would find as interesting if they suddenly became good instead of being evil.

Quick fire round:
1) Favourite vampire character?

I don't really have a favorite vampire character. One character that comes to mind is Nicholas from the Talisman series by Brenda Pandos. He's actually only a half-vampire, but I enjoy that series. It has some other interesting vampires as well.

2) Favourite werewolf character?

I absolutely without a doubt have to choose Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series. There is absolutely no other werewolf that I could choose.

3) Favourite witch character?

Considering Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series is my favorite fictional character ever, I'm going to have to go with her.

4) Favourite monster character?

I honestly can't think of any book I've read that deals with monsters that aren't a specific kind of mythical creature or something.

5) Favourite ghost character?

Nearly Headless Nick from the Harry Potter series. (I know there's a lot of Harry Potter on this list already, but I don't really read ghost stories. I can't think of any others.)

6) Favourite serial killer/murderer character?

I don't really have an answer for this either, since I don't read many of those types of books. I can only think of the evil characters that kill but aren't like serial killers.

It's very clear that I don't read many spooky books since I get scared easily. I really do want to change that. For some reason I've gotten a strong urge to read spookier stuff lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment