Saturday, October 12, 2013

Legend of Korra Review: Book 2 Episode 6: "The Sting"

I think this is the first time during Book 2 of Korra that I've done a review of an episode here on the blog instead of as a video. I'm back home for fall break, and I had a really busy day. I still haven't uploaded and edited my review for Monday's episode of How I Met Your Mother, so this week, Korra is getting a quick review here on the blog. I wish I had time to write more though because this episode was crazy!

For the whole first half or so of the episode, I was just kind of like, "Okay." It was good, but it wasn't as "edge of your seat" as the past episodes of this season had been. Then, everything happened in the last few minutes, and it quickly caught up with the other episodes.

First of all, I want to talk about Bolin. He doesn't seem to be doing anything important lately. He's just starring in those stupid propaganda films. I really hope he does something awesome soon. I'm assuming with the end of the episode that the propaganda films won't last much longer though, so hopefully that means Bolin will be doing something better than comic relief.

I love Mako, and I am extremely glad that he's not giving up getting to the bottom of who is responsible even though he's continuously being laughed at. It really, really frustrates me that he isn't being taken seriously by anyone.

I don't even know what to say about the Mako/Asami kiss at this point. I saw it coming from the beginning of the episode, but before that, it was not something that I expected to happen. I'm still pretty sure that Mako and Korra will be getting back together, but I'm not as sure that it will happen as quickly as I had originally thought. I really hate love triangles, and I wasn't a huge fan of this one in the first season. I was glad it was finished, so I'm extremely disappointed that they brought it back. I'm hoping this will blow over and not become a huge thing, although then I'd be frustrated that they threw in such a pointless drama starter. There's just really no way to win at this point. I had that they had Asami kiss Mako.

I wasn't expecting Varrick to be behind everything, but I also wasn't surprised. I wasn't entirely trusting of him because he's a businessperson, and it was clear that that was what was most important to him. However, I hadn't gotten any sense that he was behind the attacks and whatnot. Once it was revealed though, it all made sense. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm kind of expecting Varrick to try and hurt Mako somehow. We'll see.

We didn't even see Korra until the very end of the episode, and that was quite a plot twist. I definitely was not expecting that. I'm not sure if I like it as a plot twist or not. It's so out of nowhere, but if they handle it correctly, I could see how it would work. I just don't understand why they would make her forget everything. I don't see the point plot-wise, but hopefully it will make sense and work well. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment