Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HIMYM Review: Season 9 Episode 6: "Knight Vision"

This episode focuses a lot on the minister that has agreed to marry Robin and Barney, and it took until after the episode for me to realize that the reason the guy playing the minister looked so familiar was because he was from Gilmore Girls. I can't believe I didn't pick up on that sooner. I kind of enjoyed his character in this episode, although I found it odd that he immediately thought Lily was the one lying about the story as opposed to Robin and Barney.

Anyway, it will be interesting what Robin and Barney do now that their minister has died right before the wedding. That has to be one of the absolute worst things to happen before a wedding. It was kind of odd how he died though. Like, he was perfectly fine and then just died in the middle of talking to them. I was not expecting that to happen.

The girl that Ted's with for most of the episode was pretty annoying. I'm not sure if I liked that storyline all that much to be honest, although I enjoyed the part about how it helped him meet the mother later. That was cute. Also, the girl who played that character looks very familiar to me, but I can't for the life of me remember her from anything. (I looked it up and she was in Pitch Perfect. That's why she was familiar to me.)

I thought Marshall's storyline with Daphne was entertaining. I enjoyed her pretending to be Lily for Marshall to practice telling her the news and yelling at Marshall when he said something wrong. I also thought it was hilarious when he found out she was a lobbyist for a big oil company. I'm sure that will be amusing in coming episodes. I'm also very interested in seeing how Lily reacts now that she's had the news texted to her.

Next week's episode is a Halloween one, so that should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment