Monday, August 10, 2015

Book Review: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

Northanger AbbeyASIN: B0084B008Y
Published: May 17th, 2012 (first published December 1817)
Publisher: Amazon
Read from July 27th to August 7th, 2015
Synopsis from Goodreads:
In Northanger Abbey, a young woman's penchant for sensational Gothic novels leads to misunderstandings in the matters of the heart. Austen's first, this is considered by many to be among her most charming novels.

Review:

I'm going to keep this somewhat short as this is a classic book, and I always feel a bit strange reviewing those.

If you remember, last year I got all of Jane Austen's books on Kindle and read most of them, but I wound up getting a bit burnt out on them and held off on Northanger Abbey. It took about a year, but I finally went back and picked it up. And I have to say that I think I made a good decision holding off on it.

Last year, I was getting a bit bored reading the Austen books that I picked up later, and it's not hard to believe I would have disliked this one more if I'd read it then. As it was, I think this was one of my favorites. This book was really cute to me, and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed all of the characters, even if I enjoyed Mr. Thrope and Isabella as characters by hating them.

The story was just a nice, fun, and light one to me. And I thought the relationship between Catherine and Tilney was really cute and adorable. I really liked them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment