Saturday, August 8, 2015

Life Post: The End of Summer

I'm ridiculously behind on my to do lists. It's actually insane. I think today is the day I finally catch up though. I have high hopes. My high hopes have a tendency to always be too high, but we'll see. I've managed to get quite a bit done today already, and it's still only the afternoon.

My sister moved back to school today, which is a huge reminder of how close the summer is to over. Soon, I'll be back too and having to get back into the swing of things. I'm excited for this semester, but there are always the things I dread too. Actually moving is a huge pain, and one that I dread with a passion. I'll be so happy when that bit is over with. But I do hope that my classes this semester are great and all of that.

School is still a little bit off though. I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm sure there will be plenty of posts about it once it's actually happening, so I'd better not drone on about it already.

As for what's currently happening, this weekend I'm finishing up the first revision of my new fanfiction. I've started looking for betas, and it'll go out to them as soon as I find them. Like I've mentioned before, I'm going to be working on this one until it's ready to go up, and I'm hoping that winds up being before school starts again. But that partially depends on being able to find a beta or two that I'm happy with.

Over on my writing blog, I did an experiment with second person if you're interested. I'm happy with how it turned out actually. It was pretty cool to do, and I'm surprised at how easy it was to write in second person, when I'd never done it with fiction before. I guess blogging and whatnot really helped hone that for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment