Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 261-265

These five episodes felt a lot like preparation for what comes after them more than anything else. They have gotten my really excited though. I really enjoyed all five of them as far as I can remember. Seeing all of the forces running together was really cool, and I like how impressive it feels because of the number of people. It helped make the war seem so significant and important.

There was also a scene with Temari and Shikamaru in episode 261, and since ShikaTema was the first couple I shipped in Naruto, that made me happy. I really enjoyed that bit, but I'll never be able to tell how much of that was just the shipper in me talking.

Speaking of Temari, I also loved the little bit where she was reflecting on how Gaara had become a great man. Temari's my favorite character, and Gaara's one of my favorites, so seeing something like that was really great for me.

The entire idea of all of these dead people that they know being reanimated and still having their minds intact yet not being in control of their actions is a really great one to me. I think it makes for all sorts of very dramatic and heart-wrenching moments. I'm assuming there will be a lot more of that in the future since there are still plenty of characters that haven't done much yet.

Since Sai is another one of my favorite characters, I really enjoyed (in a sad sort of way) seeing him have to confront Shin. I'm also really happy that we got the flashbacks with them that we did. Those were probably my favorite part of that episode. Aside from thinking it was just a nicely done episode, I was also just happy to get more of Temari, Gaara, and Sai in this set of episodes because the three of them are my top favorite characters with just a few others close behind.

It was nice to get a bit of Naruto practicing with Kyubi's chakra again too, since it felt like we hadn't seen that for a while. Considering the entire show is called Naruto, it always feels a little out of place when he's out of the story for a while.

Like with the Sai and Shin flashbacks, I appreciated the flashbacks of Zabuza and Haku. It's been so long since I last watched those episodes that I enjoyed seeing the clips, and it was definitely long enough that nothing about it felt repetitive. Those are the sorts of flashbacks that I'm completely okay with in moderation.

Overall, I'd say these were good episodes to me, but I also have that feeling of just wanting to keep watching to see what happens next. Now that I've started school again, I imagine it will be taking me longer to watch, and that's really a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment