Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Life Post: Celebrating My Birthday

Since my post about my birthday wasn't the happiest, I feel like I should definitely post something about today. I'm still avoiding social media at all costs. I actually haven't been on at all today (as opposed to yesterday when I kept stealing glances), so I think I'm doing pretty well.

It was easier to keep it up today because I spent most of it with my family. We went for Japanese food today for my birthday. It was really amusing because I was the only one at the table who actually knew what it was we were eating most of the time, and I got to watch my family all struggle with chopsticks. It was fun, and it was nice to spend time with them. It was much easier to forget everything else and not obsess over things again today.

Even now that I'm home, I'm not thinking about it much. Writing about it in this post was the first it occurred to me again. I'm actually exhausted right now. The past week or so haven't been the greatest for me as far as sleep goes, and it has definitely all hit me in the last hour or so. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I don't know how I'm going to stay awake in order to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.

Hopefully I do get a good night's rest tonight though because I have to be up tomorrow for another exciting day. That also means another day of probably avoiding the Internet. This is shaping up to be the longest break I've taken in a while. That's probably a good thing even though I'm somewhat bummed about it.

I posted a video on Youtube this morning that's a book review for Become an iMature Student if you're interested. I really did not like the book, so the review is basically me going through things I didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment