Friday, August 14, 2015

Which States I've Been To

This post is one of those posts that I make because I want to post something but don't want to dedicate my time to writing out something that long. It's been a long time since I've done one of these sorts of posts, but here's what's happening: I'm going to try and list every single US state that I've been to without actually looking at the name of the states. Then I'll go through an actual list of states and see which ones I missed. Theoretically, this shouldn't be that hard because I really haven't been to that many states, guys, but we'll see what happens with this.

1. Indiana
2. Kentucky
3. Illinois
4. Tennessee
5. Georgia
6. Florida
7. North Carolina
8. Virgina
9. West Virginia
10. Washington, DC (Totally not a state, but we're going to lump it in here anyway.)
11. Ohio
12. Missouri
13. Alabama

Here's one confession. I'm sitting here trying to remember if we ever actually entered Maryland when we visited DC, and I honestly can't remember. I don't have any memories of actually being in Maryland, so I'm going with no... Whoops. I'm also having a bit of a hard time remembering if I was ever actually in South Carolina or not. I don't think I was...

Anyway, that's all I can remember, and I feel pretty good about having gotten them all, but now we go to see before.

14. Arkansas

Funny story about forgetting that one. I didn't forget Arkansas' existence while making the other list. It's just that I was convinced I hadn't been. Then I looked at the list of states and remembered that, while we were in Missouri once, we went on a train that went into Arkansas and then back into Missouri. So I have, in fact, been in Arkansas.

That's it. Unless I've forgotten about being somewhere. (Which we've established is at least a small possibility. It's actually really sad to me that I've been to less than half the states in my own country over the course of my life. I really want to change that.

EDIT: My grandma has let me know that I have definitely been to:

15. Maryland
16. South Carolina

So yay for two more states! That's a bit better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment