Monday, August 3, 2015

Movie Review: Paper Towns

I've been meaning to write this review since I saw Paper Towns, which now feels like ages ago, but stuff kept happening that put if off. Now I feel like the movie has become just hazy enough that I'll surely forget something that I had wanted to say.

I can still tell you that I loved the movie though. I thought it was so well done. It had been a long time since I had last picked up the book, and I loved getting to see moments that I had forgotten about all over again. The movie was hilarious over all. I feel like this movie is the best example of my sense of humor that there is, and I'm not someone who tends to find movies funny that everyone else apparently finds funny. So I appreciated that.

The actors really surprised me. I'll be honest and say that I was skeptical about Cara in a way that I'd be skeptical of any model that decides to act. She did a really great job though. The entire cast did. I think everyone was cast perfectly in their roles. It's hard to imagine anyone else playing the characters.

Hank Green did a video recently where he talked about the movie. I'm actually glad that I'm writing this after having seen that video because I agree with essentially everything he says in it. It does a great job of putting my feelings into words too. I'm going to go ahead and point you to that video instead of repeating what he said because a lot of my other points are already made in that video.

No comments:

Post a Comment