Wednesday, February 26, 2014

HIMYM Review: Season 9 Episode 18: "Rally"

I really loved how this episode was laid out. I liked the flash forwards every so often that gave us some information on the characters' futures after the show. I thought they were nice. I particularly enjoyed the one that showed Marshall becoming a judge on the New York Supreme Court. I thought that was pretty awesome, and I'm really happy that we got that bit of information. It was also cool to see Marvin as a college student too, and the bit about the mother publishing a book was a neat detail. I just really loved how they used those scenes.

As for the actual present-time storyline of the episode, I enjoyed it as well. It was fun, and I thought it was so cute that Barney lied to help his friends. I really love moments like that with Barney when you can really tell that he cares. It was sweet, and it was even sweeter when they talked about wanting to do the same for him. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything about friendship like that.

My favorite bit of the episode beside the flash forwards was probably the scene with Ted and the bacon. I have no idea how Ted has gone that long without realizing that his mom was lying about his bacon allergy, but I quite enjoyed the bacon jokes.

I really don't have much to say about this episode. I feel like this is the shortest review I've had in a while, but I just don't feel like I have much to comment on this time. That's not a bad thing though. Like I said, I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm really looking forward to next week's.

No comments:

Post a Comment