Friday, February 14, 2014

Looking Back on My Wizard Rock Concert Experience

I feel like I talk about concerts a lot ever since this summer. Apparently going to a bunch of concerts really close together makes you kind of addicted. I spend a lot of time thinking about how I want to be at concerts now. It doesn't help that Little Mix is currently touring with Demi Lovato. I see tweets about the concerts every night and then there's videos, pictures, and gifs on Tumblr. Then there's me looking at it all and thinking sadly about how I won't be able to see them. (Demi is coming here. Little Mix won't be with her but Cher Lloyd won't be. I can't go though because it costs money that I don't have, and I already went broke for One Direction tickets.)

I actually filmed a video about concerts just the other day, but as I mentioned in another video, I managed to accidentally delete the footage from my camera, so it never made it to Youtube. In that video I talked about all of the artists that would perform at my dream concert. I'm not repeating that here. (It ended up being me going on and on about wanting to continuously expand the list.)

After I filmed that I started thinking about the other people attending the concert and how that affects the experience too. Seeing certain artists is obvious the reason you're there, but if you're surrounded by horrible people then it can dampen things a bit. I've been lucky to not really have any problems with that sort of thing, but I did have an exceptional experience: the wizard rock concerts at LeakyCon 2013. That was definitely a unique experience as far as audiences go, and I'm not sure if anything can really beat it.

While it was amazing for all of the bands, hearing Harry and the Potters perform The Weapon in a huge room packed with Harry Potter fans was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Anyone who knows what Harry and the Potters performances are like knows this, but at one point the crowd forms a circle and then eventually runs in toward each other. By complete chance I ended up on the outskirts of the circle we formed, and it was just incredible to see everyone and have everyone cheering. During the same song we all started putting our arms around each other, and keep in mind that this was the entire crowd and most of us are strangers. I don't think anything will ever top that experience.

That's not to mention the thousand other incredible moments during all of the performances.

So, while seeing certain artists perform, being there with a certain group of people can make things absolutely amazing as well. I talk about the concerts I went to this summer and how much I loved them, but during that I've kind of pushed my wizard rock experiences aside, which is a shame. While the concerts I went to this summer were incredible and I wouldn't take away the experiences for the world, there is something about wizard rock concerts that is just indescribable. It's something I wish everyone could experience, and I'm so glad that I got to.

No comments:

Post a Comment