Saturday, February 1, 2014

HIMYM Review: Season 9 Episode 16: "How Your Mother Met Me"

This episode was absolutely incredible. It was definitely a great reminder of some of the things I love about this show. It was such a sweet episode, and I loved getting to see more of the mother. I think it was fitting that they did all of this for the 200th episode.

We've gotten a few pieces of information about the mother over the years, but it was nice to see all of that brought back. We got more information to fill out her story, and I think that's really nice. They could have gotten away without telling what she'd been up to, but they did it anyway (granted it was squeezed into just one episode). I loved seeing all the points where her and Ted's stories have met over the years, even though they didn't meet. It really helped flesh out a lot of things, and it was nice to have a reminder of all these hints we've had through the seasons.

I think this episode really helped show even more that Ted and the mother are meant for each other, which was more or less the point of the episode. If you didn't want them together before, then I'm sure you do now. There's not a doubt in my mind that they would be an absolutely adorable couple.

The end of the episode with the mother singing and Ted overhearing was the sweetest thing. I absolutely loved that. It was so cute, and I may or may not have had tears in my eyes. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing them meet. We're getting closer to the wedding now, and I'm extremely excited to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment