Sunday, February 16, 2014

Shows I Wish Were Still Around

I think everyone can agree that all TV shows have the potential to run too long. They can start off great, but because they go on too long, they're not quite as great towards the end. I'm completely in support of a TV show ending while it's still great, but that doesn't mean I don't sometimes wish that a show was still around. Here are some shows that have ended that I wouldn't mind seeing again (although that doesn't mean I don't think they ended when they should).

Friends. Friends has to top this list. Is there anyone who doesn't wish Friends was still on? Friends is one of those shows that you can watch a million times over and over, and it never gets old. I have a hard time believing that it would have ever not been great.

Rugrats and All Grown Up. Yeah, I included All Grown Up in this. I usually feel like the only person who actually really loved All Grown Up. I thought it was just as great as Rugrats was, and I absolutely loved seeing the characters a decade older. I was so upset when they took Rugrats and All Grown Up off of Netflix. I plan on buying all of them on DVD, and if I ever have kids, you better believe they're going to grow up watching both shows. Rugrats may have been Nickelodeon's longest running show (until Spongebob surpassed it), but I wouldn't have minded it being longer. Plus, All Grown Up had way too short of a run in my opinion. Apparently there was also a spin-off that involved Angelica and Susie at preschool, but it was canceled after only a few episodes, and it's pretty much impossible to see. It's one of my goals in life to find whatever episodes of that show there are and watch them. I couldn't live with myself if I never saw it. I also wouldn't object to another show it the characters as teenagers. I can't be the only person who thinks that would be fun.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. One of the things I love about Avatar (including Legend of Korra) is that it has a plot as opposed to being episodic. Of course the plot was resolved, but I wouldn't have objected to a season that involved the aftermath of the war. I think they could have done a lot with the rebuilding each nation would have to do. It's pretty much what they're doing with the comic series anyway. Why not have made a show about it?

Jimmy Neutron. I feel like most people my age didn't watch Jimmy Neutron that much. It started airing right around the time most kids my age stopped watching Nicktoons, but I always loved it. In this particular case, I would really like to see a spin-off with the characters as teenagers, just like with Rugrats. I think it could be pretty awesome.

I know this list ended up a bit cartoon heavy. I'm sure I could think of even more, but these are definitely the top shows that I wish were still around. I wouldn't mind any of them coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment