Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Life Post: In the Middle of Finals Week

It's the middle of finals week, and even though I have to be back out the door within the next fifteen minutes or so, I decided to write a quick post here.

Finals have been going pretty well so far. I've taken two exams (just got back from one actually) and given two presentations so far. I have relatively good feelings about them all, and I'm trying not to think about the stuff I know I struggled with.

I also got back a grade on a test in the one class I haven't had my final in yet. (The test was from last week.) And the grade was lower than I'd been expecting, but I was honestly kind of expecting that. I haven't been struggling with the class per se, but my test grades have been slipping slightly as the semester went on. I'd study harder and be so confident. Even after I took the test it felt like I'd done rather well, and then I'd get the test back and it would be a couple of points lower than my last one. It could be much worse, so I'm just hoping for the best when it comes time to take that final. I've been studying really hard for a long time now, and I still have another day of studying. Fingers crossed.

Other than that one exam in a couple of days, all that I have left is to sit through some presentations in another class. I already gave mine on Thursday, but we get pizza today, which I'm very excited about. In fact, the professor should be there already with the pizza, and I have the next half hour to show up whenever before presentations actually start. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I've been looking forward to this pizza, so it's a miracle I'm not already there.

Finals week is almost over though. Three exams and two presentations have been completed, and all that's left is sitting through presentations and one more exam. I'm already starting to feel relieved. Here's hoping the rest of the week goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment