Thursday, May 22, 2014

Book Review: The Destiny Quest Chronicles by Varun Vashist

ASIN: B00B30IW4W
Published: December 24th, 2013
Publisher: self-published
Read from April 24th to 25th, 2014
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Eliska was assigned the task of saving the last hope of her race. A warrior Princess par excellence, she never expected the Dark Forces to be so strong. In the end, she had to do the unthinkable. The world did not know of it, but the destiny of Eric, a normal human gets intertwined with hers. He started to meet people and visit places that he had never known to exist. He had questions but no answers.
Will he get to know the reason behind these happenings? will he get to know who is behind all this? And, Will he ever come to know what happened with Eliska and her people?

Review:

I don't even know how to begin. I absolutely hated this... book? I don't even know if I should call it a book. Let's just start with that fact that I'm confused. That's my biggest takeaway from this. I'm just confused. This thing is really short, and I think it's actually just the beginning of a book that was made separate so people would download it for free and then hopefully buy the entire book? I'm not sure though because that's not really explained well anywhere, so I have no idea what's actually up with that.

At any rate, nothing about this makes me want to read the rest of the book because I had no idea what was even happening in this. Nothing in the story made sense to me, and I was just at a complete loss as to what was happening the entire time. I don't know what the story is supposed to be about. The synopsis tells you more than I could after having read it, and I don't even think I got the majority of that out of what I read. I guess I'll trust that the synopsis is what the story's supposed to be, but I just don't know.

Aside from the story not really making sense, the writing itself was pretty bad as well. The wording of a good deal of it was just awkward and hard to read. A lot of times I would have to read a sentence multiple times to actually get what was trying to be said. It's possible that that's what made the story so confusing to me I suppose. Maybe if the writing wasn't so odd I would have understood it more. I don't know.

I feel like this review is just me saying things like "I don't know" or "I'm confused" or other variations over and over, but that is genuinely my only takeaway from this. I don't even know what I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment