Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life Post: Visiting Two Past Schools in One Morning

On the average day of summer break I'd just now be up and getting ready for the day, yet today I've been to both of my previous schools already.

My brother's class had their candle mass today, which is a thing that St. Bernard does every year. Since the eighth graders are the oldest of the school, they're considered the "light" of the school who help guide the other students and whatnot. On the day of their graduation, they have lit candles, and at the end of mass, they light the seventh grader's candles in order to pass on the light of the school to them now that the eighth graders will be gone. I'm not going to lie, I got a bit emotional during it. I think it was mostly because I was remembering both of the candle masses I participated in and all of that. Matthew graduating has really made me remember back to my St. Bernard years, and I still have to get through graduation tonight.

I also went out to the high school with my sister. She's done with high school except for the actual graduation ceremony because seniors finish early, but school's still going on. She needed to go out there to turn in her iPad and talk to the guidance counselor, and she wanted someone to come with her. I actually had to get a visitor's pass from the office, and everyone was looking at me oddly. One of my past teachers saw us in the hall, did a double take, and then said that she realized that I shouldn't have been there. It was just a very strange experience all around.

So, today was both the first time that I'd been to a St. Bernard school mass since my own candle mass in eighth grade and the first time I'd been back to South Spencer during school hours since my graduation rehearsal on the day before my high school graduation. Plus, I did all of that within being awake for less than three hours. Both felt extremely odd, and now I have to go to graduations at both schools this week. It's all so crazy.

City of Heavenly Fire book release: 6 days
Sorry I'm Late album release: 6 days (less than a week for both!!!)
The Fault in Our Stars movie release: 16 days

No comments:

Post a Comment